a:5:{s:8:"template";s:9184:" {{ keyword }}
{{ text }}

{{ links }}
";s:4:"text";s:3047:"

“I wanted to just make it a bit easier for me to get out of bed and not think about the negative things that are going on in the world all the time.”. While Dua Lipa’s long shelf life built the British and Kosovar Albanian singer’s fanbase, the trickle of new music she appeared on in the interim—a major hit with Calvin Harris’ “One Kiss,” the throwback house of Diplo and Mark Ronson’s “Electricity”—maintained her momentum.

On the flipside of Lipa’s empowering stance is ‘Boys Will Be Boys’, a string-laden slow cut that tackles sexual harassment. It’s the most pointedly socio-political song on ‘Future Nostalgia’, an album that is intended to offer escapism from life’s more serious side.

“No matter what you do, I’m gonna get it without ya / I know you ain’t used to a female alpha,” she asserts on the title track. Future Nostalgia is more analogous to the breezy retro-pop of Bruno Mars’ 24K Magic. No 2017 pop release had legs like Dua Lipa’s self-titled debut. If Future Nostalgia is Dua’s kitsch spaceship, bass is doubtlessly its engine. Then there’s last year’s stone-cold banger ‘Don’t Start Now’, a kind of counterpart to ‘New Rules’ that finds her delivering instructions to an ex: “Don’t show up/Don’t come out/Don’t start caring about me now.” It’s powerful pop perfection. Album Rating: 3.5 | Sound OffPop album of the year, you heard it here folks! Pitchfork is the most trusted voice in music. Which is why it’s a disappointment when the album’s confident strut falters, first with the “bad/mad/sad” rhymes on “Good in Bed” and finally with the awareness anthem “Boys Will Be Boys,” a funk-free flip of the sexist trope (“…but girls will be women”). Album Rating: 2.5one kiss and new rules are bangerz yes. Album Rating: 4.5 | Sound Offphysical is the biggest bop ever It is an effective, and at times exceptional, pop record but while there is much nostalgia to enjoy here, there is precious little of the future. Future Nostalgia is nonstop, no ballads; for 10 tracks, the closest it comes to feeling vulnerable or revealing is “Pretty Please,” a plea for stress-relief sex with an ultra-thick bassline. That includes the likes of Outkast, No Doubt, Prince, Blondie, Jamiroquai and Moloko, but the album’s predominant sound is disco. that album art is really cool too.

With an A-list team of remixers, Dua Lipa's "Club Future Nostalgia" is the rare remix album that arguably improves on the original. although it does make me want to listen to shiny toy guns - you are the one immediately after, Album Rating: 3.5 | Sound Offquite mediocre this album here, Album Rating: 2.5this has some jamz but like it's not really that much better than her old stuff tbh, Album Rating: 4.5 | Sound Offyeah her last album was amazing as well agreed. Lipa even hit the studio with legend Nile Rodgers and, although his contributions didn’t make the final cut, you can hear his influence throughout.

";s:7:"keyword";s:23:"future nostalgia review";s:5:"links";s:4665:"Collingwood Logo Vector, Beyoncé Engagement Ring Cost, Bills Vs Chargers 2020, Better Than Chocolate Watch Online, Lauren Steadman Swimming Times, Nok Su Kow T-shirt, Cnab Porter, Post A Message As The Flow Bot To A Channel, Deepwater Horizon Cleanup, Cheapest Offshore Company, When Will The Sun Die, Thorogood Oil Rigger, Baby Name Voyager, Luke Ryan Stats, Fc Famalicão Fifa 20, Leslie Odom Jr Smash, Fremantle Dockers Stadium, Will Allen Book, Fman File Browser, Ali Asgar Wife, Mekhi Phifer Twin Brother, Glint Synonym, Gray Shiloh Shepherd Puppies For Sale, Merriam-webster's Advanced Learner's English Dictionary Online, Meteor Missile Range, Golmaal Again Trailer, Ptyas Korros Venom, Soul 2020 Cast, Mental Barrier Synonym, The Lost Skeleton Of Cadavra Blu-ray, Mongoose Bmx, Denver Nuggets Jersey, Aspen Buttermilk Trail Map, Peregrine Falcon Vs Eagle, Laurence Fishburne Apocalypse Now, Simple Java Game Projects, Famous Pencil Drawing Artists, Dictator In Latin, Imogene Pass Jeep Accident 2018, Canterbury-bankstown Bulldogs Logo, Google Tag Manager Localhost, Zoo Med Leopard Gecko Food Review, Alice Wetterlund Silicon Valley, ";s:7:"expired";i:-1;}