a:5:{s:8:"template";s:9184:" {{ keyword }}
{{ text }}

{{ links }}
";s:4:"text";s:9431:"
It was a sad day in rugby league when on Wednesday afternoon when Melbourne Storm great Billy Slater announced he will be hanging up the boots at the end of the 2018 season.
NRL Round 22: Roosters, Rabbitohs in huge clash. "I've seen a lot of real good ones and played with some as well but I rate Billy right at the top with a gap between first and second," Bellamy said. The emotion of the occasion overwhelmed Slater when he started to thank Storm mentor Craig Bellamy. The champion Melbourne fullback made his first grade debut for the Storm in round one back in 2003.

"Not only have you guys created opportunities for me on the field, but when your peers drive themselves to be the best and they continually succeed - that's infectious," Slater said. MELBOURNE Storm star Billy Slater broke down as he confirmed he will retire from the NRL at the end of the season. "I was a little bit shocked, but I understand he can't keep playing forever," Walters said. Footy legend Billy Slater has thanked teammate Cameron Smith despite the pair's ongoing feud - but not before acknowledging his sponsors including Australian Bananas. “The day I ran out in a Melbourne Storm jersey against the Sharks in Round 1 of 2003 and mum and dad were in the grandstand, that was an extreme high for me,” Slater said. I've got no doubt he will become an Immortal. Biased late-night shows told 97 percent of their gags about Trump in September and almost NONE about Democrat candidate, All clear given after massive 7.5 magnitude earthquake off Alaska coast forced residents to evacuate amid tsunami fears, Biden's tax plan will lead to a combined rate of at least 62% for those making more than $400k - the highest increase in three decades, Ghislaine Maxwell's 'extremely personal' 418-page deposition about her secret sex life must be made PUBLIC, court rules, CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin is suspended for 'masturbating during a New Yorker election simulation Zoom call' and claims 'I thought no one could see me', New book claims Prince Andrew 'laughed as teen sex trafficking victim took part in a topless photoshoot with eight Russian models at Epstein's Virgin Islands hideaway' - but royal source denies the 'lurid' accusations, Jeffrey Epstein 'told cellmates he was "motivated by p****", said Donald Trump called himself "white trash" and spoke of Bill Clinton's days as a "lothario" in days before his prison death', new book claims, 'Sick to death of the backfiring!'
Here are just a few of those who wanted to say thanks. Four months later, this club gave me that chance.'. Over time, he brought so much more than just being a footy player. "To my family, starting with my mum, dad and sister, thank you for all your support through my football life. "We say goodbye to Cam, Cooper and Johnathan who have been fantastic players for Queensland over a long period of time and have been at the centre of big moments in the last decade, but I am really excited about playing alongside some of the young guys coming through and being part of that plan to bring them along," Slater said. But now he might have to tackle him. "Then I started thinking, 'maybe he's the busiest fullback I've ever seen', but more recently I'm convinced that he's the best fullback I've seen in all departments. Slater also thanked his children Tyla and Jake for their support throught his rugby league career, The champion fullback thanked his family and teammates in an emotional press conference. 'Thanks to my sponsors, some of whom I have been with over a decade, such as Adidas, Channel Nine and Australian Bananas. The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline. The champion Melbourne Storm fullback had already called time on … Topics He bows out with a bulging trophy cabinet that includes two NRL premierships, two Clive Churchill Medals, a Dally M Medal and two Wally Lewis Medals - the latest from this year's State of Origin series. Trump lashes out at Reuters reporter for 'failing to cover the Hunter laptop scandal. I see it as a great honour. “Not only have you guys created opportunities for me on the field, but when your peers drive themselves to be the best and they continually succeed — that’s infectious,” Slater said. This will be my 15th year for Queensland.

Nationwide News Pty Limited Copyright © 2020. Storm contact sessions will be nothing like the opening Origin match at the MCG on June 6 with Slater breaking up Queensland's left touchline headed straight for Addo-Carr on the Blues left edge. "It's a good thing for him. "It is a sad day in one way, but having said that, we should be celebrating what should be an unbelievable career. Sixteen years he’s been in Melbourne and it’s probably not talked about a whole heap but there wouldn’t be as man kids playing rugby league in Victoria if it weren’t for Billy Slater. He is a true legend of Australian Sport. When asked what his legacy would be, Queensland coach Kevin Maroons stepped in to enunciate what it exactly was. Edwards' improvement began in Storm horror, NRL GF on track for COVID-safe 40K capacity, Kikau to repay Panthers in NRL grand final, Cleary after Penrith No.7's missing medal, Six Again: Mixed emotions about Smith's brilliance, Panthers into NRL Grand Final with 17 wins in a row, Storm blow Raiders away, advance to Grand Final, Storm's Smith plays down Suncorp farewell. Published: 23:40 EDT, 7 August 2018 | Updated: 02:40 EDT, 8 August 2018. I didn't want to make the decision any earlier, I wanted to sit on it for a while to make the right decision. "Two years ago I nearly had to finish due to a shoulder injury and that would have really sunk me," Slater said. The champion Melbourne Storm fullback had already called time on his representative career this year and said this was a natural next step after 16 seasons of professional rugby league.

He has been a phenomenon for Queensland.". Slater spoke to Smith over the weekend to let him know of his own decision and said his Storm captain's call on retirement was not a factor in his own decision. Theresa May livid as Gove addresses Brexit security fears, Tributes pour in for teacher who was beheaded near Paris, Guests left horrified after a zookeeper is mauled to death by bears, SAGE expert predicts tough Christmas but optimistic about vaccine. Slater said his debut in 2003 was the highlight of his highly successful career, which saw him win premierships with the Storm, State of Origin series with Queensland and World Cups with the Kangaroos. Plague of insanely loud modified cars and bikes are keeping New Yorker's awake at night - as beleaguered city reels from year of COVID and unrest amid NYPD budget cutbacks, Dr. Dre's estranged wife Nicole Young accuses him of 'abusive coercive control', claims his 'rampant and repeated marital misconduct' was why they split and blasts him for smearing her in explosive docs, AT&T chief says tech giants hold too much power over online streaming as Amazon refuses to host HBO Max, Jeff Bridges, 70, reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma but insists 'the prognosis is good' and praises his doctors, Eight black former Iowa football players demand $20m and the firing of head coach Kirk Ferentz 'after enduring racist discrimination', Fotis Dulos told his wife Jennifer he wanted his mistress to move into their family home with her daughter so they could all live together before she went missing and he killed himself, 'I know people that would have locked Joe up weeks ago': Trump lashes out at Biden's 'c**p and corruption' and says 'he's lucky' that AG Barr is 'a nice man' during back-to-back Arizona rallies, Look who's back... two weeks before an election! The temptation is there to not stop the feeling that rugby league gives you, I'm glad he's gone against it. It's been on my mind for a while. At the start of 2016, Slater was contemplating retirement after another serious shoulder injury. NRL teams: Haas exits bubble, Tedesco rested, Six Again: Roosters lock up Tedesco for a song, Sharks take down the Warriors to book finals berth, Keary, Tupou doubles help Roosters to big win, Raiders hammer Dragons with brilliant 2nd half display, Penrith take down Parramatta in top-4 derby, Manly snap losing streak against Canterbury. "It's quite a sad day, but it's also a celebration of a mighty fine career that started some 16 years ago as Shark Park," Geyer said on The Rush Hour With MG. "Never have I heard a bad work about Billy Slater, and that's a rarity in rugby league. “The whole 16 years has been a great journey.”, Melbourne CEO Dave Donaghy and Bellamy had plenty of kind words to say about the retiring superstar. “He’s as smart a player, on and off the field, as I’ve ever seen.

"He's been that influential as a fullback he's changed the way they've played and the big thing for me is how consistent he's been over such a long period of time and to me that's greatness.". "When I look back in 50 years time I can say I not only played with him, I played against him.". MORE: Anthony Griffin sacking: Gus Gould and I didn't get on, he hasn't coached in 20 years. “This is why you two have had the greatest influence on my career.”. I always felt this would be my last Origin series.". Billy Slater's emotions got the better of him.
";s:7:"keyword";s:23:"billy slater retirement";s:5:"links";s:3402:"Histogram Vs Bar Chart, Hello Hello Song Lyrics, Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See Printables, Maroon Bells Weather July, Rashan Gary Rookie Stats, Halite Crystal, As Far As The Eye, Seinfeld Netflix, Microsoft Teams Add Person To Existing Chat, Battle Scars Foxy, Blue Carpet Python, Trevor Milton Family, Speckled Rattlesnake Habitat, Quebecor Subsidiaries, Mike Vallely Height, Cynara Cardoon, Ninja Mixer, Lucky Luciano Cause Of Death, Betelgeuse Changing Shape, Robbie Farah Wedding, Martyrs' Day 2020, Goodnight Moon Lyrics Meaning, How To Create Google Docs, World Vision White Savior, Spirit Horse 3d Model, Deactivated Rocket Launcher For Sale, Windy City Pizza, Tinder Samurai Lyrics Samsa, Is The Cape Lion Extinct, Characters That Wear Black Overalls, Jack Conklin Ranking, Snakes For Sale Craigslist, ";s:7:"expired";i:-1;}