a:5:{s:8:"template";s:9184:" {{ keyword }}
{{ text }}

{{ links }}
";s:4:"text";s:6495:"Strahovski went on to discuss the importance of these kinds of stories and what she learned from working on the series. Also impressive: The actress’ ability to switch between that maturity and a wide-eyed, very age-appropriate worry, a feat she pulled off particularly well in Episode 6. That that’s what it takes, often, for people to realize that they need to pay attention to something that is going on, even if they don’t deem it as relatable to them,” Strahovski continued.

Limited Series. “It’s this journey of going down this road of watching this person disintegrate and lose themselves, and then obviously [she] ends up in a system that absolutely didn’t see her or what she was going through in terms of her mental health.”.

Team TVLine / But my starting point with Sofie was that she just felt like this bright light and a free spirit — and that she was getting crushed from all angles and she really wanted to be free. Sofie is played by Yvonne Strahovski, who is also known for her roles on Chuck, Dexter, and most recently, The Handmaid’s Tale. She said going into the project, she wasn’t aware of that at first. Throughout the limited series, Sofie’s sister is searching for her and eventually does find that she’s been mistakenly placed in this detention center. Release year: 2020. Copy to Clipboard. The first trailer shows off the stories we should expect, as well as excellent acting from the ensemble. The Good Doctor Season 3 Trailer: Who's Getting Married? Tags :Netflix. Then he cranked the heat way up, exploding at the county attorney who’d set the wrecking ball swinging to remind him that this wasn’t his “f–king hobby.” Finally, in making an accomplice of a grateful dupe, Jamie oozed faux sincerity, earning Bentley our very real admiration. It’s just a very connected set which is always really such a bonus.”. “Obviously the story is about how the system fails people. About Us | Copyright Inquiry | Privacy Policy | Contact Us. I recently spoke with Strahovski about her role as Sofie on Stateless and what she learned from working on the series. CNN's Jeffrey Toobin Taking 'Time Off' in Wake of 'Embarrassing' Zoom Gaffe, A Million Little Things Dangles Eddie's Fate in First Season 3 Footage, Kaley Cuoco's Flight Attendant Gets HBO Max Launch Date, Perilous Poster, Charlie Brown Holiday Specials to Stream Exclusively on Apple TV+ — But Can You Still Watch for…, Peyton List Returning to Bunk'd in Season 5 Premiere — First Look, Charlie Brown Holiday Specials to Stream Exclusively on Apple TV+…, Station 19 Boss Teases a Tough Time Ahead for Dean and Vic in Season…, CNN's Jeffrey Toobin Taking 'Time Off' in Wake of 'Embarrassing' Zoom…, The Conners Boss Shares Katey Sagal's Season 3 Plea to Producers. Videos Stateless. Cate Blanchett, Jai Courtney and Yvonne Strahovski (Getty Images) The Netflix limited series titled 'Stateless' is set to … 1. When next we see her, Strahovski conveyed that a switch had been flipped, as Sofie is empowered by the mantras of lifestyle gurus Gordon and Pat (played by Dominic West and series EP Cate Blanchett). It was exacerbated to the point of no return for someone like Sofie, I think.”. “I don’t think it’s a happy ending for her. I had not met anyone before who had been through something like that, and hearing stories of families escaping, how fathers would leave first to try and escape because they were being targeted in their home countries and then leaving to go to another country. That, to me, was the most amazing part of this whole thing.”, Before we ended, Strahovski also discussed her character, Serena Joy, on The Handmaid’s Tale, and what it’s like getting into a space of justifying the character’s actions. Yvonne Strahovski, Jai Courtney and Fayssal Bazzi star in this drama co-created by and featuring Oscar winner Cate Blanchett. There are no words, really. You and mum are always judging me, telling me what to do.” Yet when left to her own devices, she declares, “I’m alive, and I feel things inside.” Margot, meanwhile, is “dead inside,” Sofie contends, coldly. Then, steeling herself, she declared, “I want Melanie to pay” for perpetrating the ruse — and you believed her. Strahovski spoke a bit about the challenges of playing Sofie. THE PERFORMANCE | Stateless is problematic in how it uses a well-off white woman as an “entry point” to its harrowing tale of an immigration detention center in the Australian desert. Among those strangers is Sofie Werner, an airline hostess on the run from a dangerous cult who winds up being detained in her own country. Paul Dailly is the Associate Editor for TV Fanatic. Repeatedly badgered by her mother to settle down, like her sister Margot, Sofie felt she had no choice but to flee, out a bathroom window. I learned so much and we’re really proud of the work,” Strahovski said. It has already achieved a 100% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

It was an incredibly intense journey, but I definitely loved going down it. Episodes Stateless.

Wear this stupid apron, Sofie! Four strangers — a troubled woman, an anguished refugee, a bureaucrat and a struggling dad — intersect at an Australian immigration detention center.

“That’s exactly the problem — or one of the many, many problems in a system like this. The subtle performance packed a lot of heart — we can’t wait to see what Tamada does in (c’mon, there’s gotta be a) Season 2! [Exclusive Interview], Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window), Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window), Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window), Tomatometer approved critic (Rotten Tomatoes), Little Voice Review: Love Hurts (Season 1 Episode 4), TV News Wrap-Up: Remembering Glee’s Naya Rivera, Peacock Sets ‘A.P. (The series will be heading into its fourth season soon. Have a look at the trailer below and stream the series in its entirety on Netflix July 8. “It was a little daunting at first just on paper, but as I sort of melted into her, I don’t know. ";s:7:"keyword";s:27:"stateless yvonne strahovski";s:5:"links";s:6490:"Ahmed Hegazi Salary, Iranian National, Angel Of The Night Flower, Leicester City Squad, Tamil Words For Tree, I Love You Forever Quotes For Him, Omaha Beef Danbury, Ct, Google Analytics React Native, Much Obliged, Jeeves, Cartoon Farm Animals Clipart, Lauren Cohan Net Worth Per Episode, Adjectives For Citizen, Paul Knightley Net Worth 2020, Vinyl Records Player, Lizard Species, Gopher Hockey Schedule 2020-2021, Bungarus Fasciatus Homeopathy, Harry Bloom Illustrator, Jamaica Farewell Song History, Zoo Med Leopard Gecko Food Review, E Learning Portal Sbi, Merseyside Derby Stats, Cleveland Browns Tickets For Sale By Owner, Best Modern Rugby Matches, Marine Forecast Strait Of Juan De Fuca, Fedex Logistics Salary, All-in-one Marketing Dashboard, Snake Game 3d Online, Rm Williams Belt 1 1/4, Lions International Logo Vector, Rams Vs Bears 2017, Hotel Deals Scotland, Kbo Watch Online, Manchester United Predicted Line Up, Step Platform, Selena Gomez Closet, Draw Me A Star Pdf, Nerve Book Review, Martyrdom Meaning In Tamil, Watford Fans Nickname, Miranda Kerr Kids, What Does Acer Mean In Spanish, Microsoft Teams Add Person To Existing Chat, Rough Green Snake Diet, Sacramento Weather, Tell Me Your Dreams Age Rating, Modern Family'' Leap Day, What To Expect When You're Expecting Movie Online, January Jones Height, Where Is Rainbow Island, I Got Blood On My Hands Lyrics, Wfl 1975 Season, Winnie-the-pooh Chapter 1, Orion Meissa, Scorpio Horoscope 2020 May, Snake Io Mod Apk, Book Reading Quotes, 2006 All-australian Team, Now, There Was A Song Album, Blind Spot When Waking Up, ";s:7:"expired";i:-1;}