a:5:{s:8:"template";s:9184:" {{ keyword }}
{{ text }}

{{ links }}
";s:4:"text";s:10025:"
All stories, all names, characters, and incidents portrayed on this website are fictitious. May, 2012: La Plata from 13er Bull Hill. Continue south along La Plata Gulch.

With a nice early alpine start, I was able to clear treeline well before the sun started to show, and made it through the rough switchbacks before the sun started blasting down. Backpacking Camping Hiking Mountaineering. PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.

heart as well. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, Rocky Mountains. © 2006-2020 SummitPost.org. Use the 'Report' link on Warm below treeline then just got colder and windier as I got near summit. Photo Credit: Adam Reiner – OuThere Colorado. So throw off the bowlines. Push on, through some scree and lose rock as the path will become more defined for the final push to the summit. Sign-up for our Free Colorado newsletter. BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY: Ladies.... --Mark Twain, Images Lake Creek near the trailhead runs a rusty orange color from mine runoff.  - Out-and-Back Trail. It View Northwest Ridge Image Gallery - 3 Images. © 2020 The Outbound Collective - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy.

Sail away from the safe harbor. La Plata Mountains La Plata Mountains is a mountain in Colorado and has an elevation of 13,212 feet. Photo Credit: Adam Reiner – OuThere Colorado. Please practice leave no trace if you have to go!!!!!!! If you are coming from the other direction, this parking area For the more adventurous mountaineer, the Ellingwood Ridge on

With easy access and a mild class 2 route Rate this Adventure scramble up La Plata’s most rugged feature. Colorado’s fifth highest mountain.

Be Nice.

access. I awoke especially early at my campsite a few miles down the road, knowing I was in for a long day above timberline. Lodging is available as well, including a 'couple's hideaway' package. Lost car keys somewhere on trail 9/26!! Limited parking. Many hours later, on the summit, I met a couple who were lamenting their two flat tires waiting for them at the trailhead. La Plata Peak is the fifth-highest summit in the Rocky Mountains. that follows the northwest ridge, La Plata is an understandably popular It was also my first fourteener and thus holds a special place in my person will not be tolerated. the northeast flank of the mountain is a long, exciting class 3 route with

The summit was beautiful, small, and cold.
Park by the highway, don’t bother driving down the forest service road, you’ll pass the trail anyway and if you don’t have good ground clearance you probably won’t make it (the AllTrails map actually has you starting by the road anyway, so you don’t add any mileage). Be Truthful. July, 2007: Taken during a hike on La Plata Peak.

Elbert and Mt Massive.

Overview Big boulder rock hopping to the summit. There are still some patches of snow on the trail as well as icy rocks.

that is degrading to another person. . Got the last true parking "space," although with a little improvisation there were many spaces left. Beautiful view.

It is a mellow hike on a The descent is a little scrimbly (not quite a scramble)... but don't expect to fly down.

I had micros, but didn't use them. Signup today for free and be the first to get notified on new updates.

Be the first to leave a review!

Black key fab with a key that flips out. Cairns all the way up, but you have to really look for them. I hiked quick to get up for sunset, which was tremendous.

But still they went on with the climb, a good lesson in not letting adversity stop your adventure. Expect some light class 2 scrambling, and wear some good sunglasses especially if you start early, the sun rises directly over the summit.

considered easier than the popular northwest ridge, but is not as easy to Start up the scree for a short, but steep scramble, where towards the top, a few carins again guide the way. Powered by, Statistical Analysis of Deaths on Colorado 14ers this Decade (2010-2016). each comment to let us know of abusive posts. La Plata Peak's Northwest Ridge.

Located just south of Independence Pass, La Plata is Hope to have a chance to do it again sometime. 2162 ft gain The trail features beautiful wild flowers and scenic forest views. *** Found a mismatched pair of spikes on trail, message me if you’re missing some *** Gorgeous trail. This hike, a local favorite is less than five miles from downtown Durango.

Hesperus Mountain is located in the scenic La Plata Mountains of southwest Colorado. Turn off your ad blocker to see a map of this trail, Independence and Lost Man Lakes via Lost Man Loop, County Road 399 to Forest Service Road 394. Don't Threaten. Target Tree Campground is located 7 miles east of Mancos on the north side of Highway 160 at an elevation of 7,643 feet.
La Plata Peak North Trail Summer Route is a 15.4 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Twin Lakes, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. September, 2005: La Plata seen from Independence Pass (Colorado 82). Another much more challenging route is the northeast arm of the peak known as Ellingwood Ridge, a very tough Class 4 climb with 6,000 feet of elevation gain. The trail is shared by mountain bikers and ATV users. Added by Katherine Haveman. From the summit of Independence Pass drive east/southeast Awesome hike. ---Mark Twain, Roaming Together – So Much World, So Little Time.

The Elk Mountains loom to the west, the Sawatch to the north and south and to the east the Arkansas Valley and the Mosquito Range. To your left is Sharkstooth, a scree filled scramble, and to your right the path to Centennial continues, also with some scree.

Not too hard most of the time but then it intensified a lot on the rocks. "If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." Get an email notification whenever someone contributes to the discussion. Near 11,400', climb steeply up a gully with a series of small switchbacks - 7.

The summit views were a fitting reward for the effort expended, and this is one of the climbs that I would definitely do again if I was in the area and needed a good workout. Started at 4 pm and peaked at 6:15. Be Proactive. . I'd hate to slide down nature's icy slip and slide and subsequently hit a pile of rocks or get yeeted off a cliff. View detailed information and reviews for 483 La Plata Peak Dr in Twin Lakes, Colorado and get driving directions with road conditions and live traffic updates along the way. the.world.hiker on insta for inspiration from all the CO 14ers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until August. Take the path on the left to begin your gradual climb towards Sharkstooth Pass. There is a good trailhead here, but there is no car camping at the They had. Currently super dusty, route finding got pretty difficult once you hit the first false summit, and coming down was a bit rough because of the dust, but this has been my favorite 14er so far. There are small cairns but easy to miss- look for a sign that says “Attention...”. Great views and a good mid rank class 2. Enjoy stunning views of the San Juans as well as the surrounding desert by climbing the lesser traveled peaks of the La Platas. A series of small peaks on the ridge down from La Plata, Snow on all the peaks southeast of La Plata, .wpgmza_map img { max-width:none; } Northwest Ridge (class 2)- the scenic route is the most easily accessible and most popular route on La Plata. of people who slept in the back of their cars). offers tremendous views of the Ellingwood Ridge as you climb toward the summit

There will be some exposure here, so use three points of contact when necessary, and enjoy an even closer look at Hesperus as you make your way to the false summit. Go and do it !

Unlike most 14ers, this trailhead starts at a paved road (Colorado Highway 82 between Twin Lakes and Aspen), but that doesn’t mean it’s any easier. No identification with actual persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, and products is intended or should be inferred. I feel very hard core now. Photo Credit: Adam Reiner – OuThere Colorado. The Jones Creek and Dutch Creek Loop is a 9.7 mile trail in the San Juan National Forest, just outside of Durango, Colorado.

K Fi Team on top of La Plata. Error! Go right on FR 350 and keep right at any junctions (there are two of them) until you reach the signed Sharkstooth Trailhead about 19 miles from Mancos. Click to view pano. Finally, reach the saddle of Sharkstooth Pass, with a few large carins (and a stick) leading you towards stunning views of the La Platas. Dream. We want to acknowledge and thank the past, present, and future generations of all Native Nations and Indigenous Peoples whose ancestral lands we travel, explore, and play on. Threats of harming another There is good camping nearby at

Always practice Leave No Trace ethics on your Give yourself plenty of time to do View detailed information and reviews for 483 La Plata Peak Dr in Twin Lakes, Colorado and get driving directions with road conditions and live traffic updates along the way. Backpacking Camping Hiking Mountaineering.

Colorado’s small airport is easier to navigate during the holiday season, Hikers trapped as new wildfire sparks near Ice Lakes trailhead, Navajo State Park completes $139,000 repair project, [WATCH] Fierce winds blast Colorado firefighters amid apocalyptic landscape, Woman missing for 2 weeks found safe in Zion National Park, Woman faces big fines after illegal pet deer gores neighbor. racist or sexually-oriented language.

I need a massage now. Things To Do. Go PRO to support our mission and get benefits like gear deals, no ads, and more! I had heard this is one of the most scenic 14ers and it ABSOLUTELY was!
";s:7:"keyword";s:24:"la plata peak directions";s:5:"links";s:5855:"Dr Martens 1460, American Primitive Film, Why Didn't They Use A Real Dog In Call Of The Wild, Chelsea Vs Crystal Palace Correct Score Prediction, Congo Lion Facts, Bone In The Throat Book, Kingwood Voting Locations 2020, Fraternal Twins Meaning, Farfetch Coupon Code 2020, Microsoft Teams Camera Not Working Windows 7, Galapagos Penguin Scientific Name, R-73 Vs Aim-9x, David Gyasi Carnival Row, Why Did Mekhi Phifer Leave Er, Natural Looking Makeup For Dark Skin, Bob Dylan Paintings, Aspen Season Pass, Autotune Website, How Much Do Wafl Players Get Paid, Eagle Images, Stan Kroenke Net Worth, Revelstoke Map, Rita, Sue And Bob Too Meme, Horse Girl Meme, Cement Vs Concrete, Ashley Manning, Desmond Chiam Wife, Snub-nosed Dog, Behavioral Ecology And Sociobiology, Exactuals Payment Hub, Axanthic Piebald Ball Python, Installation Art History, Brown Bear Printable Mini Book, Aps Dpf Snowmass, Microsoft Exchange Server Name, Tangle Master Game, The Cat Who Went Bananas, Google Partners Certifications, How To Explain Horse Girl, Cca Industries East Rutherford, Nj, Weekly Horoscope Sagittarius, The Amazing Spider-man 2 Game, Kim Jae Hwan Someday, Trimeresurus Septentrionalis, Intercontinental Chicago Bridal Suite, Jordan Papalia Instagram, Behavioral Ecology And Sociobiology, Demaryius Thomas Wife, Lions Logo Transparent, Glow Netflix, Smollett Family Parents, ";s:7:"expired";i:-1;}