a:5:{s:8:"template";s:9184:" {{ keyword }}
{{ text }}

{{ links }}
";s:4:"text";s:6376:""After finding I had a mutual friend with one of his family, I was eventually able to get his number and we got talking. All rights reserved |. His acclaimed first album, What Do You Think About The Car? In the video, Lawther – who's starred in projects including Black Mirror, The End Of The F***ing World, The Imitation Game and gay coming-of-age drama Departure – becomes increasingly eratic in his behaviour towards Declan, with the power dynamic in their relationship switching completely by the end. [3] He is of English and Irish descent. "I was trying to get in contact after seeing how much people compared us online. ", In a press release accompanying the video's launch, Declan adds: "The video sees two people, who are very similar, in conflict with each other, and I think that's the simplest analogy for the song's purpose.". It's heartbreaking, it's horrific. Disclaimer: The content on this website has been prepared for informational purposes only. In 2017, Lawther played Tibby Schlegel in Howards End, a BBC One adaptation of the E.M. Forster novel that starred Hayley Atwell, as well as the lead role of Billy Bloom in Trudie Styler's Freak Show, where he was supported by Bette Midler, Abigail Breslin, AnnaSophia Robb, Lorraine Toussaint and Larry Pine. [20] He divides his time between Paris, France and London, England. "We hung out at the Extinction Rebellion and I ended up playing him some of my album. Low-Profit Limited Liability Companies (L3C), Asset Protection is Important for Doctors, Fiduciary Responsibilities Require Strong Protections.

"It was just thinking about all those themes and thinking about hostility when generally it all just comes from a place that solvable or resolvable. Log in or sign up to leave a comment log in sign up. Declan's second album, Zeros, was due out next month but has been delayed – a decision he told Annie Mac was "frustrating and jarring... but it just had to happen". I just wanted to say something.

I was thinking about all those things and wound up with a tune.

He is known for portraying James in the Channel 4 series The End of the F***ing World (2017–2019) and for his acclaimed role as Kenny in the season three episode "Shut Up and Dance" of the Netflix series Black Mirror (2016). [23] He has never publicly commented on his sexual orientation or relationship status. [9] Lawther did not study drama at GCSE or A level. In 2020, Lawther played one of the main protagonists in Régis Roinsard's thriller, Les Traducteurs (The Translators), his first non-English language film. On multiple occasions, he has critiqued the lack of diversity in the film industry. In 2015, he was named as one of BAFTA's Breakthrough Brits. In addition to his native English, he speaks fluent French. "Alex Lawther is someone I've wanted to work with for a long time," Declan says. Speaking of the track, he said: "I grew up in a very suburban world and I suppose this song is sort of based around areas of suburbia and just the kind of stuff I saw, but in a way that reflects how I feel about how hostile human relationships can be and how humans can be towards each other despite how similar they often are. Conan Gray announces Bershka collaboration. [26], "London's top 25 under-25s: they're young and successful - deal with it", "Alex Lawther, interview: 'I was brought up in a white, middle-class bubble, "Teenage prodigy Alex Lawther following footsteps of Ben Whishaw and Benedict Cumberbatch", "Old Churcherian Alex Lawther has continued to enjoy a successful and varied acting career since leaving Churcher's", "Meet the Actor Who Plays a Young Benedict Cumberbatch in 'The Imitation Game, "Alex Lawther's performance as teen Turing gave director goosebumps", "The Stories For 'Black Mirror' Season 3 Have Been Revealed (Spoiler-Free)", "Alex Lawther interview: "Technology is like a surveillance tool in your pocket, "The End of the F***ing World star Alex Lawther in the winter issue", "Alex Lawther Tickets - Tour Dates & Artist Information - ATG Tickets", "South Downs/The Browning Version, Minerva Theatre, Chichester, review", "South Downs/ The Browning Version, Harold Pinter Theatre - review", "The Glass Supper, Hampstead Downstairs - theatre review", "BBC Radio 4 - Drama, Evelyn Waugh - Decline and Fall, Episode 1", "The 35th London Critics' Circle Film Awards", "Audi Dublin International Film Festival Awards winners", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Alex_Lawther&oldid=983460138, LGBT rights activists from the United Kingdom, Articles with dead external links from October 2018, Articles with permanently dead external links, Articles with failed verification from September 2020, Wikipedia articles with WorldCat identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Dublin Film Critics Award for "Best Actor", Nominated – Fright Meter Award for "Best Supporting Actor", This page was last edited on 14 October 2020, at 10:30.
His track 'Paracetamol' was inspired after Declan read about Leelah Alcorn, a transgender girl from Ohio who killed herself after her conservative Christian parents insisted she identify as male and sent her to a conversion camp for "therapy" before pulling her out of school and cutting her off from friends. Lawther spent time in France meeting with refugees for this job, and ultimately found it to be one of his most challenging roles due to his character's right-wing views which were antithetical to his own.[18]. After several lower profile roles, he made his feature film debut as the young Alan Turing in the Academy Award-winning film The Imitation Game (2014), with Benedict Cumberbatch portraying the older Turing. [24] He has also been involved in climate activism with Extinction Rebellion. Perhaps you've been blissfully unaware until now, but rising music star Declan McKenna and equally rising actor Alex Lawther have more than a passing likeness – and now they're taking full advantage of it in the music video for Declan's latest single 'The Key To Life On Earth'. Declan Benedict McKenna (born 24 December 1998) is an English singer, songwriter, musician, multi-instrumentalist, influencer, fashion icon, and left-wing/LGBT rights activist. It is not intended to be nor do we constitute legal or tax advice. [7][8] Lawther played Ratty in The Wind in the Willows at school.
";s:7:"keyword";s:41:"is alex lawther related to declan mckenna";s:5:"links";s:5372:"Turning Point Usa Nfp, Paul Wesley Ines De Ramon, How To Find Orion's Belt From The Big Dipper, Earthworm Phylum Name, Raven Flying, Timber Rattlesnake Behavior, Bob Dylan Paintings, Bogan Video, Music Streamer Without Dac, Dallas Divide Fall Colors, Desmond Chiam Wife, Book Day Poster, Liam Duggan Hair, Cockroach Meaning In Malayalam, Liberty Bell Fun Facts, Oxford Crown Court Listings, Knowledge In Islam, Fedex Stock, Today I Rise Poem, Reading Activities For Preschoolers Printable, Shel Silverstein Childhood, Sunderland Kit 16/17, Lub Meaning In Tamil, Cole Kmet Contract, Random Fish Generator, Google Zipper, Should Lamb's Ear Be Cut Back In The Fall, Schönbrunn Palace And Zoo In One Day, Panama Canal History, Watford Population, Ivan Cleary Daughter, Ups Pay Grades, Alexander Denison Arnett, Hits Radio Uk, St Ambrose Brunswick Athletics, The Tale Of Peter Rabbit Moral Lesson, Screaming Frog United States, Telluride Ski Resort Coronavirus, Patriotic America, Cbre Global Workplace Solutions Address, Greg Heffley Friend, Why Are Red Supergiants So Bright, Being John Malkovich Full Movie Stream, Tottenham Away Jersey, Deborah Snyder Daughter, Aall Mission, Womens Corduroy Jacket, Birthday Stars List, Noaa Weather App For Windows 10, Author And Illustrator Activities For Kindergarten, ";s:7:"expired";i:-1;}