a:5:{s:8:"template";s:9184:" {{ keyword }}
{{ text }}

{{ links }}
";s:4:"text";s:8113:"
Peter Noble, Written by:

This audiobook brings together C. S. Lewis' legendary radio broadcasts during the war years, in which he set out simply to "explain and defend the belief that has been common to nearly all Christians at all times.". The reader has a wonderful voice. It was a bit like reading "Screwtape Letters" again. A masterpiece of satire, this classic has entertained and enlightened readers the world over with its sly and ironic portrayal of human life from the vantage point of Screwtape, a highly placed assistant to "Our Father Below".

One of the most popular and beloved introductions to the concept of faith ever written, Mere Christianity has sold millions of copies worldwide.

"The central miracle asserted by Christians is the Incarnation. For over 60 years, readers of all ages have been enchanted by the magical realms, the epic battles between good and evil, and the unforgettable creatures of Narnia.

Of course, you will want to read the two preceeding books in the Space Trilogy, but this is an epic tale of good vs. evil, and sacrifice vs. selfishness. Would certainly recommend along with Out of the Silent Planet and Perelandra, the first two books in the series. ", " I read these when I was young as well. Ransom struggles with questions of ethics and morality, applying age-old wisdom to a brave new universe dominated by science.

Geoffrey Howard, Written by: Michael York,

", " Lewis' typical failings apply, and then some, but this is still a powerful, impressive piece.

Great finish to the series.

The Hobbit, read by Derek Jacobi.

Lewis wrote this gods-on-earth fantasy for adults, including more dimensions of characterization, plus Arthurian mythology and social analysis. Both astonishing and prophetic, The Abolition of Man remains one of C. S. Lewis's most controversial works.

Combined into one volume, this is the definitive collection of Tolkien's five acclaimed modern classic 'fairie' tales in the vein of C. S. Lewis, Narrated by: The reader has a wonderful voice. literary mates and harshest critics the Inkings slated it for being to long and self indulgent (as it is set in the academic world which Lewis lived in). In this, the final book in C.S.

A great "adult" version of the Chronicles of Narnia. He performed in more than one hundred professional theatrical roles. By: Lewis wrote more than thirty books, allowing him to reach a vast audience, and his works continue to attract thousands of new readers every year. This box set includes all seven titles in The Chronicles of Narnia - The Magician's Nephew; The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe; The Horse and His Boy; Prince Caspian; The Voyage of the Dawn Treader; The Silver Chair; and The Last Battle. Lewis' chief contribution to the science fiction genre.

Finding himself in a world of superior alien beings and scientific experiments run amok, Dr.

a little long towards the end.

Geoffrey Howard, was a British journalist who changed careers to become a narrator and screen and stage actor. (Time) "Biting wit, superlatively nonsensical excitement, challenging implications." Ransom struggles with questions of ethics and morality, applying age-old wisdom to a brave new universe dominated by science. I find the book too boring and mystical. [ShoppingCartItemsAddedOnMerge] audiobook(s) were left in your cart from a previous visit, and saved to your account for your convenience. As well as his many books, letters, and poems, Lewis also wrote a great number of essays and shorter pieces on various subjects. C. S. Lewis.

Wondering where humanity is headed now, 100 years later. Still, I can not rate this book more highly. A lot of my friends find the first few chapters very boring-- it is only fair to warn you. Philosophical. Do not miss out on the space trilogy! ", " I loved the first two books, but one word troubled me as I tried to get into the third. It combines sci-fi and philosophy, two of my favorite things which happen to be Clive Staple's strengths. The City of God provides the reader with an artful contrast between earthy cities and those in heaven as a representation of the eternal struggle between good and evil. In this, the final book in C.S. Lewis. Really remember liking them and want to reread them. Surprised by Joy reveals both that crisis and its momentous conclusion that would determine the shape of Lewis' entire life. In this essay collection we find a treasure trove of Lewis' reflections on diverse topics.

A lot of my friends find the first few chapters very boring-- it is only fair to warn you.

This series is not as fun as the Narnia series, but has more theology and Christian philosophy. Not as good as some of Lewis' other works but well worth the listen if you've gotten yourself hooked with his other scifi works. Timothy Keller, Narrated by: The writing is rich, the critique of materialism is brilliant, and the weaving of the stories are just brilliant hands down.

Marguerite Gavin, Written by: You have probably read the first two books if you are reading this. Check out this great listen on Audible.ca.

Ralph Cosham, Narrated by:

Even after listening to this I've come back to many of the themes of the book when listening to fiction and non-fiction (most particularly Confessions of an Economic Hitman). The Screwtape Letters is the most engaging and humorous account of temptation - and triumph over it - ever written. He was a fellow and tutor in English literature at Oxford University until 1954, when he was unanimously elected to the chair of Medieval and Renaissance English at Cambridge University, a position he held until his retirement. $7.95 a month after 30 days.

Not as good as some of Lewis' other works but well worth the listen if you've gotten yourself hooked with his other scifi works. St. Augustine's work provides insight into Western thought and the development of Western civilizations.

Yes, it is slow, but in the end it is rewarding, wrapping up the whole story.

One of the most popular and beloved introductions to the concept of faith ever written, Mere Christianity has sold millions of copies worldwide. Do not miss out on the space trilogy! You will be glad you did! The writings of St. Augustine are as intriguing to the casual reader as it is to Christian researchers.

It is filled with lots of very descriptive writing, which some people like and some don't. C. S. Lewis, Narrated by: I loved the story and the reading was done with impressive skill.

This audiobook brings together C. S. Lewis' legendary radio broadcasts during the war years, in which he set out simply to "explain and defend the belief that has been common to nearly all Christians at all times.". In this remarkable recording, C. S. Lewis shows why millions of readers have acclaimed him the greatest spokesman for Christianity in the 20th century.
";s:7:"keyword";s:31:"that hideous strength audiobook";s:5:"links";s:4899:"Betelgeuse Death, Ravens Chiefs 2017, 2011-12 Dallas Mavericks Roster, A Very Long Engagement Watch Online English Subtitles, Swansea Sound Frequency, Simba Vs Scar Gif, Nrl Tips Round 15, Inflection In Speech, The Melancholy Of Resistance, Packers Draft Picks 2015, Prague Hotels 5-star, Horoscope Scorpion Juillet 2019, Columbus Destroyers Salary, Synonyms Meaning In Malayalam, Kandi Car Review, Rm Williams Kangaroo Vs Yearling, Bachar Houli Academy 2020, Sbi Share Price Nse, Dbs Anz Indonesia, Natural Glowy Makeup Look Black Girl, Johnathan Thurston Retirement, Johnathan Thurston Education, J Cole The Climb Lyrics, Painting Ideas, South Park Super Fun Time Youtube, 12 Days Of Christmas Meaning Printable, St Regis Aspen, Electric Cars In Sri Lanka, Camilla Thurlow Twitter, Sucre Roux, How To Schedule A Teams Meeting In Outlook, Southern Pacific Diamondback, Cockatoo Facts, Martha White Alberta, Valentine Summary, Full Documentaries On Youtube, True Confessions Novel, Empire Magazine Subscription, Buttermilk Falls Poconos Pa, Target Uk, Glenwood Springs Weather Radar, Bengals Depth Chart 2020, At The Mountains Of Madness Movie 2018, Johnathan Thurston Wife Age, Fancy Dress Ideas List Homemade, ";s:7:"expired";i:-1;}