";s:4:"text";s:7991:" The famous home of Blackburn Rovers, Ewood Park is a stadium that offers fantastic facilities for all types of occasions, both business and special events, and through Prestige Venues and Events, offers unrivalled, seasonal produce and dining experiences.
The stadium hosted three matches during the Women's Euro 2005 competition – two England matches in group play, and the final. Squad size: The biggest stand at Ewood is named after former club owner Jack Walker.
The Bob Crompton suite and Executive Boxes are also located in the stand. The Blackburn End was terraced in 1928, but did not acquire its concrete cantilever roof until 1960, which was financed after an FA Cup run to the 1960 FA Cup Final.. The drop-down menu above the basic facts allows you to look at former stadiums (clubs) or other home grounds (national teams). The stand now held 12,000 spectators. However, these plans have yet to materialise, and were not even realised during Blackburn's long spell in the Premier League. Since around the year 2000, there have been plans to redevelop the stand, which would raise Ewood Park's capacity by around 9,000 to 40,000. Rovers moved back in in 1890, signing a ten-year lease at an initial annual rent of £60.  Floodlights were installed in 1958 and were first used in a friendly against Werder Bremen. The association is a not-for-profit marketing consortium, and aims to share best practice and promote stadia as unique and prestigious venues for meetings, conferences and events.
The neighbouring houses in Nuttall Street were demolished to make way for it. RT @DundasCastle: A snapshot of the beautiful summer that we have had at Dundas Castle. Behind the stand is the Blackburn Rovers Indoor Centre which provides facilities for community coaching, football leagues and soccer schools. We were great friends. 29, Average age: A general view inside the stadium ahead of the Sky Bet Championship match between Blackburn Rovers and Nottingham Forest. The Darwen End is so named after the town of Darwen which is situated just beyond Blackburn's southern borders. Since around the year 2000, there have been plans to redevelop the stand, which would raise Ewood Park's capacity by around 9,000 to 40,000. , 1941 Football League War Cup Final Replay, "Ewood Park, Blackburn Rovers FC, Ground Description", "1885–1894: Blackburn's cup over-floweth", "Take a look back at Ewood Park's monumental redevelopment", Douglas full of pride after being handed Blackburn Rovers honour, http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/15340882.REVIEW__Elton_John_delights_Blackburn_crowd/, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ewood_Park&oldid=982736700, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 10 October 2020, at 00:53.
It is the only single tiered stand in the ground, the seating spells out the word "ROVERS" – the club's nickname. It is a really proud moment".
Ewood Park (/ ˈ iː w ʊ d /) is a football stadium in the English town of Blackburn, Lancashire, and is the home of Blackburn Rovers Football Club — one of the founding members of the Football League and Premier League.Rovers have played there since they moved from Leamington Road in the summer of 1890. The development cost £250,000 and was named the John Lewis Complex, after the club's founder.
In recent months the virtual meetings, knowledge-sharing and communications have been valued sources of regular, up-to-date industry news, advice, support and comfort for stadium venues.
, In 1904, the Nuttall Street Stand was built, based on designs by the architect, Archibald Leitch at a cost of £24,000. The Riverside Stand is now the oldest part of the modern Ewood Park.