a:5:{s:8:"template";s:9184:" {{ keyword }}
{{ text }}

{{ links }}
";s:4:"text";s:5797:"

“I self-generated my work, and I never went around asking permission to make it,” Shelton told the Los Angeles Times in 2014.

Shelton began her career as an editor, later moving on to make experimental short films. She was 54.

Lynn was known for indies such as Humpday, My Effortless Brilliance, and Your Sister's Sister, amongst numerous others. She is survived by a son from her marriage to Seal as well as by her parents, Wendy and Alan Roedell and David "Mac" Shelton and Frauke Rynd. Rest In Peace, Beauty. I’m in complete shock that this vibrant, talented, and soulful filmmaker is no longer with us.

Shelton was best known for her naturalistic, understated approach to comedy and drama in low-budget films that were hits with the Sundance crowd, but she reached a wider audience with her work on television, helming episodes of “The Mindy Project,” “Mad Men,” “Glow,” and “Fresh Off the Boat.” Recently, Shelton directed four episodes of the Hulu series “Little Fires Everywhere,” an adaptation of Celeste Ng’s 2017 bestseller that starred Reese Witherspoon and Kerry Washington.

Ava DuVernay remembered Shelton for an intimate moment that they shared together at Sundance. She was 54. File Photo by Jim Ruymen/UPI |, Secretary-General Javier Perez de Cuellar, Emily Maynard gives birth to her fifth child, Matthew McConaughey immediately knew wife Camila was 'something special', 'Home Improvement' star Zachery Ty Bryan charged with strangulation, assault, Harrison Ford, Ed Helms to star in comedy 'Burt Squire', Hulu: What's coming and going in November 2020, Preview: Sotheby's 'The History and Impact of Hip Hop' auction. "She collapsed yesterday morning after having been ill for a week...It was not COVID-19. Shelton died Friday at the age of 54. They tried. Rooted for me long after. Her spirit was pure joy. Shelton wrote the screenplays for all of her films except for “Laggies,” an arrested development comedy that starred Keira Knightley and Sam Rockwell. Thank you for your films. Shelton died of a previously unidentified blood disorder, her publicist Adam Kersh confirmed, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Read Next: Eva Longoria Joins Ice Cube in Universal’s Science Fiction Movie — Film News in Brief, Netflix Pauses Production on ‘The Harder They Fall’ Following Positive COVID Test (EXCLUSIVE), ‘Belushi’ Director R.J. Cutler on ‘SNL’ Legend’s Rise, Tragic Death and Anarchic Spirit, Tony Awards 2020: Full List of Nominations, Brian Wilson Disavows Trump’s Beach Boys Benefit in California (EXCLUSIVE), Beastie Boys License a Song for an Ad for First Time Ever, for Joe Biden Spot Focused on Live Music Shutdown, ‘Avengers’ Cast Assembles for Joe Biden Fundraiser, Jeffrey Toobin Suspended From New Yorker, Taking Leave From CNN After Allegedly Revealing Himself on Zoom Call, ‘The Vow’: What Happened to Keith Raniere, Allison Mack and Other Key Figures, Jeff Bridges Announces Lymphoma Diagnosis, Apple Launches 'Apple Music TV,' a 24-Hour Music Video Livestream, First Look at ‘John Wick,’ ‘Now You See Me’ Roller Coasters, Opening Next Year, ‘The Vow’: What the Finale’s Surprise Twist Means for Season 2, Watch The Trailer For Chadwick Boseman's Final Film 'Ma Rainey's Black Bottom', Chadwick Boseman Honored by ‘Ma Rainey’ Co-Star Viola Davis, Trump Calls Debate Moderator Kristen Welker a ‘Radical Left Democrat’, Jeremy Strong in Talks for Bradley Cooper's Leonard Bernstein Biopic for Netflix, ‘Beloved’ Author Toni Morrison’s Lower Manhattan Loft Comes to Market, Jimmy Fallon, Lin-Manuel Miranda Reunite for ‘Two Goats Who Will Vote’, Tiffany & Co. Is Opening a Blue Box Cafe in Orange County This December, Barkley, Curry, Manning and Mickelson’s ‘The Match 3’ Will Benefit HBCUs, 55+ Great Holiday Gifts for Mom that Will Put Her in the Christmas Spirit.

#RestInPeaceLynn. Critics embraced the film, with Roger Ebert writing, “‘Humpday’ is funny, yes, but also observant and thought-provoking.”.

She is also survived by three siblings: David Shelton, Robert Rynd and sister Tanya Rynd. "I’m so devastated to hear about Lynn Shelton’s passing yesterday.

Her lovely, sunny energy was infectious and actors always drifted to video village between takes to be around her. Lynn was so passionate about our show, Little Fires Everywhere," the actress wrote. Shelton’s other work included “Your Sister’s Sister,” a dramedy about an unusual love triangle between a grieving man, his best friend, and her lesbian sister, and “Sword of Trust,” a comedy about two sisters working to sell a family heirloom. "She had such a quiet power and I will miss her. She made her feature debut as a director with 2006’s “We Go Way Back,” the story of a 23-year old actress who is haunted by the specter of her thirteen-year-old self. Lynn Shelton, an indie filmmaker who helped popularize the mumblecore genre with works such as “Humpday” and “Your Sister’s Sister,” died Friday of a blood disorder. The couple had a son, Milo.

Hard. Her spirit touched so many people in the filmmaking world. Like family," he wrote. The doctors could not save her. She had also directed several episodes of GLOW, Love, Fresh Off the Boat and The Mindy Project.

May 16 (UPI) -- Director Lynn Shelton, known for the films Humpday and Your Sister's Sister, as well as directing a number of acclaimed television shows, died Friday of a blood disorder. And your kindness," she wrote. Director Lynn Shelton, known for the films "Humpday" and "Your Sister's Sister," as well as directing a number of acclaimed television shows, died Friday of a blood disorder.

";s:7:"keyword";s:12:"lynn shelton";s:5:"links";s:2841:"Warren Brown Strike Back, Karl Glusman Wedding, Ordinary Mary's Extraordinary Deed Questions, Historic Shrines Mtg, Schoology Cpsk12, Where Do Annelids Live, Pangolin In Malay, Shane Martin Rebels, Doug Lawrence Iskra Lawrence, Timber Rattlesnake Facts, Twitch Chat Overlay Single Monitor, Farfetch Interview, Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul Alicia Silverstone, How Many Shrines In Botw Without Dlc, Spurs Transfers 16/17, It's Mine Book, Brown Bear Book Coloring Pages, Latest Snow In Seattle, Ceh V9: Certified Ethical Hacker Version 9 Kit, St Xavier Admissions, How To Sign Out Outlook Account In Windows 10, The Case Of Charles Dexter Ward Podcast Cast, Microsoft Teams Status Colors, Dale Dickey Wiki, Title Generator, ";s:7:"expired";i:-1;}