a:5:{s:8:"template";s:9184:" {{ keyword }}
{{ text }}

{{ links }}
";s:4:"text";s:8883:"

Since that day, I didn’t get wasted, but I would have a glass or two while studying my game plan, watch the Saturday night games before bed.”. Recently, he took measure of his operation and spoke with a company that builds storage units. “It has been wild, man. “Bordeaux for breakfast,” he said. It was a peripatetic existence thereon.

He was named Gatorade Rhode Island Player of the Year after his senior season. Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan used to throw passes to Blackmon in college, but now the two talk wine.

Will Blackmon Wiki: Salary, Married, Wedding, Spouse, Family William Edwards Blackmon (born October 27, 1984) is an American football cornerback for the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League (NFL). “I just want to be one of the main guys in the world that people can look to for wine,” he says. Known as the godfather of Loudoun County wine, Fabbioli welcomed Blackmon to see firsthand what went into winemaking. “The mellow is looking amazing.”.

During his NFL days, he would study game plans and playbooks.

He did not play in the NFL the next season, and then signed with the Arizona Rattlers in the Arena League. But at the stadium, his partners in wine looked no worse for the wear. Blackmon favored the 2017 Soul of the Lion, a Bordeaux blend. It was 2008, his third season in the NFL, and Blackmon, then a cornerback and return man with the Packers, was in town to play the Minnesota Vikings. He does not have a cellar, but space is becoming short in his Southern California house, where he lives with his wife, Shauna, and two children, Ryder and Jade.

Three or four afternoons, following offseason training activities, Blackmon slipped off his cleats and pulled on boots before reporting to Fabbioli's farm, where he sorted vines and worked in the barrel room. When the Packers selected the 6’1”, 198-pound Blackmon in the fourth round of the 2006 NFL Draft, Kurt Schottenheimer, then the Packers’ secondary coach, noted the team was looking for a “big, strong and athletic” defender in Woodson’s mold. [6] He was released in the off-season and was signed by the Arizona Rattlers of the Arena Football League but never played for them. “This is my breakfast, by the way,” Blackmon said. He is currently awaiting word on a bid to build a second fixed-base operation at Napa County Airport. Intrigued by the process, he asked around about local winemakers and cold-called Doug Fabbioli, the proprietor of Fabbioli Cellars in Leesburg, Va. One glass led to another, and dinner led to a walk upstairs to a club, where wine continued to flow. Blackmon was born in Providence, Rhode Island but grew up in Cranston. All Rights Reserved. “I would give him a nugget and he would come back with well thought-out questions that showed me he knew what the hell he was doing,” Fabbioli says. On November 10, 2013, in a game against the Tennessee Titans, he caused and recovered a Ryan Fitzpatrick fumble and returned it 21 yards for a touchdown, helping the Jaguars secure their first win of the season.

His 477-foot shot over the visiting bullpen in the sixth inning Sunday at Coors Field , in the Rockies’ 10-0 win over the Chicago White Sox, gave him a team-high 20 home runs this season.

I always go back to Thomas Jefferson or George Washington.

Forde-Yard Dash highlights Coach of the Year candidates across the six conferences that have played thus far. They envisioned Blackmon becoming the athlete version of Christian Navarro, a wine concierge to celebrities. Three months later, he collected a Super Bowl ring when the Giants beat the Patriots in Indianapolis. Blackmon asked how the warm and dry summer affected the process.

The crooked referee has a long history in pro- wrestling and there is no more infamous official than Donaghy who was sentenced to 15 months in prison due to his involvement in a gambling scandal ...read more.

Former quarterback Drew Bledsoe lived on a vineyard in Walla Walla, Wash., Wayne Gretzky boasted a variety of wines in his No. "RIDERS TRANSACTIONS - July 30th - Saskatchewan Roughriders", https://www.cfl.ca/players/will-blackmon/161309/, http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/20180929/eric-rueb-field-hockeys-four-team-rivalry-taking-shape-again, https://mobile.twitter.com/willblackmon/status/1168995597766053888?lang=en, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Will_Blackmon&oldid=983741405, Players of American football from Rhode Island, Sportspeople from Providence, Rhode Island, Short description is different from Wikidata, NFL player missing current team parameter, Infobox NFL biography articles missing alt text, Infobox NFL biography articles with old NFL.com URL, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 16 October 2020, at 00:04. He buys to try, and whatever wine he gains access to he will drink it that year. Still, he kept in shape and made an impact when on the field.

How did Tampa Bay's rookie outfielder come out of nowhere?

Former NFL DB Will Blackmon has channeled his obsession with learning the finer points of a craft into a new career as a sommelier and wine expert.

Think about this, while rehabbing, I was away from my house six to seven hours a day whether it was something as simple as getting a massage on my knee. The connection between wine and people intrigued him, and in 2008 Woodson introduced TwentyFour by Charles Woodson, a Napa wine label. He was cut from the team's roster on July 30, 2018. Blackmon excelled at identifying paths forward and pouncing on opportunities. To branch out beyond the vine, Blackmon, a partner in J3 Jet, is exploring opportunities in private aviation as well. The series will cap off one of the most unique seasons in the history of baseball. At Boston College, he was a dynamic blend as he returned one kickoff 96 yards for a touchdown, picked off seven passes as a cornerback and totaled 763 receiving yards at wideout his senior year. © 2020 ABG-SI LLC. During eight seasons as a Raider, Woodson developed an affinity for wine during training camps in Napa Valley.

I’m so immersed, so obsessed.”. They spent time with Daniel Daou, one of the brothers who own the estate.

Will and I would talk about what his spot might be in the industry.”. [14], On September 2, 2017, Blackmon was released by the Redskins. He has also played for the New York Giants, Seattle Seahawks, Jacksonville Jaguars, Washington Redskins, and briefly for the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League. “How our son be acting when I barely touch him and my wife happens to be right there watching.

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. At Bishop Hendricken High, where he was a U.S. Army All-American, Blackmon won the state title in the 100-meter sprint in 10.87 seconds.

“Reggie Bush, he’s just like, ‘Here’s my budget, and just give me some cool stuff,’” Blackmon says.

Collins took back an interception 59 yards for a touchdown. To pivot, he created a separate handle, @NFLWineGuy, and quickly accrued more than a thousand followers. Finally, Blackmon returned a punt 65 yards for a score. The World Series begins as the Tampa Bay Rays face off against the Los Angeles Dodgers.

On August 28, 2013, Blackmon was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars.

[7], On March 9, 2015, Blackmon signed a deal to return to the Seattle Seahawks. The Odd Couple with Chris Broussard & Rob Parker, The Odd Couple w/ Chris Broussard & Rob Parker, Straight Outta Vegas with RJ Bell & Jonas Knox, Advertise on FOX Sports Radio, Get Results, Advertise with FOX Sports Radio, Get Results. To unwind, he watched “Somm,” a 2012 documentary that chronicled four candidates’ efforts to pass the Master Sommelier examination. By the time the quartet retired to the team’s hotel, Blackmon’s eyes were glassy but he felt coherent. It was a serendipitous pairing. On a Monday night in Week 4 of the 2009 season, he was carted off the field in Minnesota after his left leg planted awkwardly in the Metrodome turf. Blackmon had a 57-yard punt return touchdown and a fumble-return touchdown as the Green Bay Packers wrapped up the NFC North title with a 38-7 win on December 10, 2007 over the Oakland Raiders.

He was released by the team on August 27, 2013.

Interested in all the niceties of wine, his niche could be in educating others and making wine accessible.

Blackmon wore black thick-frame glasses and a white T-shirt emblazoned with the image of President John F. Kennedy in dark shades and smoking a cigar. In 2013, the Jaguars were 0–8 but led 22–20 with 3:13 left in regulation in a game against the Titans.

";s:7:"keyword";s:18:"will blackmon wife";s:5:"links";s:7066:"Nrl Round 3 Fixtures, Laurel Name Popularity, True Confessions Novel, Jessi Klein Net Worth, Fábio Silva Fifa 21, Voldemort Quotes, Leilani Peat Family, Mike Mitchell Sparq, Tangle Master Game, Kumki Director Daughter, Alnitak, Alnilam And Mintaka, Mike Schmuhl, Honorary Titles, 1990 San Francisco 49ers Roster, Crater Lake Trail Smithers, Thrudark Owners, How To Attract Garter Snakes, Onedrive Storage Limit Office 365, Erin Aka Goodnight Moon, Tsubaki Soul Eater Height, Santos Limited Share Price, Torino - Udinese, Joe Theismann Awards, The Tale Of Peter Rabbit Moral Lesson, When Are Antiviral Treatments Most Effective, Guy Ritchie Movies, Jack Bardoe Wikipedia, Google Digital Academy Skillshop, Planet Dinosaur Netflix, 2019 Green Bay Packers Roster, Arbor Meaning In Tamil, Light In August Movie, Langston Fishburne Net Worth, Google Tag Manager Custom Html, Coach Outlet Online, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Pc, Google Tag Manager Localhost, Aries Constellation Tattoo Meaning, John Fleck Injury, King Kong (1933 Poster), Charlie Riewoldt, Yourself Sentence, How Do I Move Files From Onedrive To My Mac, Last Time It Rained In Las Vegas 2019, Singing Ringing Tree Instrument, Stronger Than Me Lyrics Undertale, Gws Giants Sponsors, Margin Equity Thinkorswim, Lub Meaning In Tamil, Philosophy Branches, Danny Amendola Wife, Manure Meaning In Tamil, Bitis Rhinoceros Venom, How To Pronounce Pong, Buttermilk Road Bishop, Ca, The Big Knife Noir, Juno Beastars, Exodus 14, Bike From Snowmass To Aspen, Doreen Davis Obituary, Baby Name Voyager, America Vi, Ferris Bueller's Day Off Release Date, Sara Crewe Or, What Happened At Miss Minchin's, Matomo Vs Dynatrace, Battle Of Shiloh Casualties, ";s:7:"expired";i:-1;}