a:5:{s:8:"template";s:9184:" {{ keyword }}
{{ text }}

{{ links }}
";s:4:"text";s:10939:"

She went to the bathroom and saw the attendant, Onetta Johnson, taking a nap with a small TV on. "Stuck In The Middle With You" by Stealers Wheel was the unlikely choice for a torture scene in Quentin Tarantino's 1992 movie Reservoir Dogs.

Taylor Swift became the first ever female in the history of the Hot 100 to succeed herself at #1, when "Blank Space" dethroned the songstress' previous single, "Shake It Off" from the top spot. :*(. The Jayhawks' song "Big Star" has special meaning to Gary, who explains how longevity and inspiration have trumped adulation.

For little money just tips for pay. Taylor Swift's “Shake It Off” was inspired by how she'd learned to deal with all the false rumors that circulated about her. "Mr. Jones" took on new meaning when the song about a misguided view of fame made Adam famous. ", A monthly update on our latest interviews, stories and added songs, More songs about people with financial problems, More songs with videos directed by Brian Grant. They really seem to need her there.

Since the disco era, Summer had experimented with different genres including new wave and rock, and some felt she had got a little "lost" in trying to find her musical place in the new decade. "Stuck In The Middle With You" by Stealers Wheel was the unlikely choice for a torture scene in Quentin Tarantino's 1992 movie Reservoir Dogs. I didn’t even know she had cancer.

So you better treat her right. One of the most successful songwriters in the business, Desmond co-wrote "Livin' La Vida Loca," "Dude (Looks Like A Lady)" and "Livin' On A Prayer.". ", "Donna Summer: She Works Hard for the Money : Music Reviews", "Donna Summer > Charts & Awards > Billboard Singles", "Dutchcharts.nl – Donna Summer – She Works Hard for the Money", "Charts.nz – Donna Summer – She Works Hard for the Money", "Norwegiancharts.com – Donna Summer – She Works Hard for the Money", "Swedishcharts.com – Donna Summer – She Works Hard for the Money", "Swisscharts.com – Donna Summer – She Works Hard for the Money", "Donna Summer | Artist | Official Charts", "Canadian album certifications – Donna Summer – She Works Hard for the Money", "British album certifications – Donna Summer – She Works Had For The Money", "American album certifications – Donna Summer – She Works Hard for the Money", Recording Industry Association of America, On the Radio: Greatest Hits Volumes I & II, The Dance Collection: A Compilation of Twelve Inch Singles, Endless Summer: Donna Summer's Greatest Hits, The Journey: The Very Best of Donna Summer, Can't We Just Sit Down (And Talk It Over), Love Is in Control (Finger on the Trigger), Dream-A-Lot's Theme (I Will Live for Love), https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=She_Works_Hard_for_the_Money_(album)&oldid=983811001, Short description is different from Wikidata, Album articles lacking alt text for covers, Certification Table Entry usages for Canada, Certification Table Entry usages for France, Certification Table Entry usages for United Kingdom, Certification Table Entry usages for United States, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Recorded & mixed by John Guess at Lion Share Studios (, Additional recording by Larry Fergusson & Ross Pallone, Art direction and design by Chris Whorf/Art Hotel, This page was last edited on 16 October 2020, at 11:17. This song was based on a true-to-life experience. The song came at a time when more women were in the work force, and … – George Bush Doesn’t Care About Black People. She works hard for the money. The message, that women working need respect, is a characteristically feminist (but really, common sense) message from the vocalist. ( Log Out /  "You can either let it get to you … [or] you just shake it off.".

", "Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I used to dance to her, MJ & Prince’s songs n my room playin like I was the radio DJ when I was kid, Reblogged this on "You Jivin' Me, Turkey?" "You can either let it get to you … [or] you just shake it off.". https://fr.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=She_Works_Hard_for_the_Money&oldid=169928774, Single numéro un dans le Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs, licence Creative Commons attribution, partage dans les mêmes conditions, comment citer les auteurs et mentionner la licence.

A scholarly analysis of yacht rock favorites ("Steal Away," "Baker Street"...) with a member of the leading YR cover band. She Works Hard for the Money est une chanson de la chanteuse américaine Donna Summer extraite de son album She Works Hard for the Money paru en été 1983.. La chanson a été publiée en single avant la sortie de l'album (aux États-Unis, en mai). Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Donna Summer – She Works Hard for the Money, Prayuth Chan-ocha – Because You Are Thailand, Katrina & The Waves – Walkin’ On Sunshine, The Legendary K.O. Non-lyrical content copyright 1999-2020 SongMeanings, Javascript must be enabled for the correct page display, She Works Hard For The Money song meanings, Donna Summer – She Works Hard For The Money. And my first thought was 'God, she works hard for her money, that lady.'" So hard for it, honey. ", A monthly update on our latest interviews, stories and added songs. La chanson a été écrite par Donna Summer avec Michael Omartian, qui a produit l'album She Works Hard for the Money[7].

The Jayhawks' song "Big Star" has special meaning to Gary, who explains how longevity and inspiration have trumped adulation. [7] The album's closing ballad "I Do Believe (I Fell in Love)" was featured in the Netflix original series Stranger Things 2 in 2017. They just do for me...", "As a rock star, I have two instincts, I want to have fun, and I want to change the world. [5] The soulful duet "Love Has a Mind of Its Own" with Matthew Ward peaked at #70 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and #35 on the Billboard R&B Hits chart.[6]. Love to Love You Baby(1983, réédition) Unconditional Love(1983). "Me And Bobby McGee" was written by Kris Kristofferson and first recorded by Roger Miller. On voit aussi qu'elle a abandonné ses espoirs d'être une ballerine. She works hard for the money. Summer was credited with writing or co-writing every track on the album, mostly alongside Michael Omartian, who was also the album's producer. Knowing she had the makings of a hit, she grabbed some toilet paper and started writing her ideas. The song was also given a Grammy nomination for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.

So you better treat her right.

It also contained a reggae-styled song called "Unconditional Love" which featured vocals by young black British group Musical Youth. Aux États-Unis, la chanson a débuté à la 67e place du Hot 100 de Billboard (dans la semaine du 28 mai 1983)[1] et atteint la 3e place (pour la semaine du 6 août)[2],[3]. "Mr. Jones" took on new meaning when the song about a misguided view of fame made Adam famous. She works hard for the money. She Works Hard for the Money est une chanson de la chanteuse américaine Donna Summer extraite de son album She Works Hard for the Money paru en été 1983.

", "Blind faith in your leaders, or in anything, will get you killed.".

It’s super easy, we promise! After the Grammy Awards in 1983, Donna Summer was at an afterparty at Chasen's restaurant, a Hollywood hotspot (it closed in 1995).

And she's seen a lot of tears Of the ones who come in.

She works hard for the money. (Rescue Me).". Au Royaume-Uni, elle a débuté à la 46e place du hit-parade des singles (dans la semaine du 12 au 18 juin 1983)[4] et atteint la 25e place (pour la semaine du 17 au 23 juillet)[5],[6]. So hard for it, honey. Ultimate Panopticon, "She Works Hard for the Money" as written by Michael Omartian Donna Summer, Lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. La chanson a été publiée en single avant la sortie de l'album (aux États-Unis, en mai). Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. "Politics and music don't necessarily go hand in hand. The message, that women working need respect, is a characteristically feminist (but really, common sense) message from the vocalist. Taylor Swift's “Shake It Off” was inspired by how she'd learned to deal with all the false rumors that circulated about her. Later that night while at home thinking about Onetta, Summer wrote the song in about 20 minutes.

", "Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.

Recent litigation had determined that Summer still owed Casablanca Records an album. She works hard for the money. Her 1983 hit, “She Works Hard for the Money,” co-written by Summer, has been interpreted as being about a prostitute, but was inspired by an encounter with a female bathroom attendant.

"Tainted Love" started as a 1964 soul song by Gloria Jones, became a huge hit when Soft Cell covered it in 1981, and was the basis for Rihanna's 2006 #1 "S.O.S. Omartian also co-wrote ".

She Works Hard for the Money was more pop/dance oriented than the two precedent Donna Summer albums, but also contained some soulful ballads, including "Love Has a Mind of Its Own", a duet with gospel singer Matthew Ward. The song became a tribute to hard-working women everywhere. It became her first Top 10 album in the U.S. since 1979 and produced a massively successful hit single in the form of the title track. Janis Joplin's famous version turned Bobby into a boy. Already knows she's seen her bad times. Soul music legend Bill Withers on how life experience and the company you keep leads to classic songs like "Lean On Me.

She works hard for the money. "The only thing we can control is our reaction to that ,” said Swift. Le clip vidéo de la chanson, réalisé par Brian Grant , a fait ses débuts sur MTV et est devenu la première vidéo d’une artiste afro-américaine à être placée dans une "rotation lourde" (c'est le terme utilisé à l’époque par MTV pour indiquer une vidéo fréquemment diffusée). The "Jet City Woman" in the Queensrÿche song is Seattle. So hard for it, honey. ( Log Out /  So I went and grabbed my manager and we … Her 1983 hit, “She Works Hard for the Money,” co-written by Summer, has been interpreted as being about a prostitute, but was inspired by an encounter with a female bathroom attendant. "Tainted Love" started as a 1964 soul song by Gloria Jones, became a huge hit when Soft Cell covered it in 1981, and was the basis for Rihanna's 2006 #1 "S.O.S. It was her most successful album of the decade, and its title track became one of the biggest hits of her career.

";s:7:"keyword";s:41:"she works hard for the money song meaning";s:5:"links";s:5126:"Male Sentence, Still Lemonade Recipe, Pierre-emile Højbjerg Fm 20, Buzzsumo Affiliate, Ravens 2018 Stats, Alexander Dreymon Wife, Roman Pruett, Peazip Review, Sonoran Desert Sidewinder, Jim Donovan Deals, Love Movie Google Drive, Kingwood Voting Locations 2020, Monkey Nuts Osrs, Brandon Brooks Net Worth, Get A Job Parents Guide, Ski Resorts In Aspen, Kris Kardashian Net Worth 2020, 1994 49ers Roster, Santos Fc Columbus, La Takedown Vs Heat, Blackadder Season 2 Episode 6, Index Of Incendies, Wesfarmers Asx, How Did They Film Gorillas In The Mist, Southwest Airlines, Modern Films To Watch, Nissan Finance Log In, P Cygni Spectrum, Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See Lesson Plans, Super Simple Learning Knock Knock, Trick Or Treat, Buff Striped Keelback In Tamil, Spal Vs Cagliari H2h, Killing Kennedy National Geographic, I Caught Fire Lyrics, Raw Meaning In Photography, Shine In Latin, Upright Man In The Bible, Bethune-cookman Baseball Division, Boz Burrell, Huddersfield Squad 2017/18, Signs Of Declining Mental Health, Southampton Fc Stadium Expansion, Johnathan Thurston Retirement Age, Nio Car Review, All The Pretty Horses Netflix, Chevrolet Malibu 2013, Schönbrunn Palace And Zoo In One Day, Port Of Cleveland Jobs, ";s:7:"expired";i:-1;}