a:5:{s:8:"template";s:9184:" {{ keyword }}
{{ text }}

{{ links }}
";s:4:"text";s:11058:"
comedy dramas, with rich women moaning. Coming Soon.

5 stars because I didn't have to look at a single man throughout the entire movie. Olivia Panteledes Madaleine Black Meredith Black, New Line Cinema Picturehouse Entertainment, 114 mins  

Sidney Poitier’s 7 Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer. Review by Jordan Beaumont Anderson ★★ 2. Films for my blue days. Cocktail Party guest English spent the following year revising the screenplay, during which time Brooks dropped out to direct As Good as It Gets. All Critics (148) Even if you haven't seen the original George Cukor movie with Norma Shearer, Joan Crawford, Rosalind Russell, Paulette Goddard, Joan Fontaine and a cast of a thousand other stars you may dismiss this forced, politically correct, depressing comedy. The film eventually grossed $26,902,075 in the U.S. and $23,105,471 in foreign markets for a total worldwide box office of $50,007,546.[1]. The Other Woman (2008) ← Back to main. This movie had the balls to feature all women. Coming Soon, Regal A hint is given about Crystal's possibly going out with Alex's ex-girlfriend Natasha. |, August 17, 2017 Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? Just confirm how you got your ticket. any film that doesn’t make me look at a man’s face deserves 5 stars, no men in the movie until that dang baby at the end, minus 3 1/2 stars for that we were so close to perfection, One of the good things about this film is that they mention husbands, etc but there are actually no male characters in the film. Meg Ryan for one. Horrible directing. Genuine nastiness has been eliminated, while not-very-funny banter is retained.

Even though I haven't seen the original, I don't think this remake is deserving of all its bad reviews. Recs welcome! The classic 1939 film adaptation... worth seeing again and again. With this knowledge in hand, Mary sets out to repair her fractured marriage as she prepares to unveil her new line of womenswear in a fashion show attended not only by boutique owners but the buyer from Saks as well. The funniest thing about The Women is that Mick Jagger is one of the producers.

Have four, get the fifth one free. Despite the enthusiasm of everyone involved, the project stalled when Roberts and Ryan decided they wanted to play the same role. Yes, some of what's missing is humor and snappy dialogue, but that could be forgiven, if only some of the characters were more believable and the direction not quite as uneven. I love women in real life but at the movies I hated The Women. the best part was that there isn’t any men !! What a terrible idea! 2008 That alone puts her miles away from Norma Shearer. A Woman in Berlin (German: Anonyma – Eine Frau in Berlin), known as The Downfall of Berlin Anonyma in the UK, is a 2008 German film directed by Max Färberböck, starring Nina Hoss and Eugeny Sidikhin.It is based on the memoir, Eine Frau in Berlin, published anonymously (by Marta Hillers [citation needed]) in 1959 in German, with a new edition in 2003. Even though I haven't seen the original, I don't think this remake is deserving of all its bad reviews. This movie is awful.

Coming Soon. The percentage of users who rated this 3.5 stars or higher. The Women (2008) Rated PG-13 for sex-related material, language, some drug use and brief smoking 114 minutes Cast. |, September 15, 2008 The screenplay is an updated version of the George Cukor-directed 1939 film of the same name based on a 1936 play by Clare Boothe Luce. This is not. TMDb As she begins to get her life in order, she makes an effort to bond with Molly, who reveals her father's relationship with Crystal is unraveling, and reunites with Sylvie, who has quit her job. it's feminist to get plastic surgery because it's what you want and every choice a woman makes is inherently feminist, especially if she's older and rich and choosing to look younger! |. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your account. The classic 1939 film adaptation... worth seeing again and again. |, September 15, 2008 The Women is a toothless remake of the 1939 classic, lacking the charm, ... Show all Cast & Crew . Girl power. Excuse me, our friend is having a baby. Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox! After being turned down by every major Hollywood studio, English decided to develop the project as an independent film and approached Victoria Pearman, the president of Mick Jagger's production company, Jagged Films, who agreed to produce the film for Picturehouse. | (2008). She wanted to present a version in which the female characters were strong and self-reliant and supported and defended each other rather than resort to treachery and catty remarks to achieve their goals. Coming Soon. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your email. |, October 24, 2008 One of the surprises was an all-woman cast, novel in the 1930's. Copyright © Fandango. This 10-digit number is your confirmation number.

David Wiegand of the San Francisco Chronicle wrote, English doesn't make much of it very enjoyable.

Judith Buchan. Directed by Diane English.

Women, The (2008) Meg Ryan stars as Mary Haines, a modern-day diva strutting her way through Manhattan society, dominating in a world of publishing, fashion and finance. Jada Pinkett Smith as Alex Fisher. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your account. Get her a room. There was a knowing laugh in the theatre as his name sprang up in the opening credits -- our last chance to laugh, as it turned out, for the next two hours. Nightmare on EM street 1,329 films 638 100 Edit, NeverTooEarlyMP 4,407 films 1,673 66 Edit, A collection of queer characters, representations, and sensibilities on film. Based on a very clever comedy by Claire Booth, wife of Time Publisher Henry Luce and later Ambassador to Italy. | Top Critics (44) Mrs. Stephen Haynes learns that her husband is seeing a salesgirl at Saks, and reluctantly divorces him, abetted by her friends, all of whom have romantic problems of their own. With servants. A sleazy writer has a chance to redeem himself when he goes to stay with his grandmother and befriends the neighbors. Let me tell you something. Also I wanna see the 2001 PBS revival, “I don’t want it all, I just want a really nice piece of it.”, The Real Housewives of New York City (scripted). The percentage of Approved Tomatometer Critics who have given this movie a positive review.

Happy Birthday queen!

By creating an account, you agree to the Privacy Policy There was a knowing laugh in the theatre as his name sprang up in the opening credits -- our last chance to laugh, as it turned out, for the next two hours. To be included,….

Alan C. Peterson. The 1939 film, starring Norma Shearer, Paulette Goddard, Rosalind Russell, and Joan Crawford, was a hit. Directed by (1) Writing credits (5) Cast (121) Produced by (1) Music by (2) Cinematography by (2) Film Editing by (1) Art Direction by (1) Set Decoration by (2) Costume Design by (1) Makeup Department (1) Second Unit Director or Assistant Director (1) Your Ticket Confirmation # is located under the header in your email that reads "Your Ticket Reservation Details". J.R. 'Bob' Dobbs & The Church of the SubGenius, Fall TV First Look: Find Out What’s Coming, The Best Peacock Original Shows and Movies, All Upcoming Disney Movies: New Disney Live-Action, Animation, Pixar, Marvel, and More. The percentage of users who rated this 3.5 stars or higher. Learn how and when to remove this template message, http://hookedonhouses.net/2010/04/25/for-sale-the-colonial-revival-house-used-in-the-women/, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Women_(2008_film)&oldid=963684501, Articles needing additional references from August 2010, All articles needing additional references, Articles with unsourced statements from September 2010, Official website different in Wikidata and Wikipedia, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 21 June 2020, at 05:53. Upon the film's completion, it was shown to executives at Warner Bros., which had absorbed Picturehouse in the interim. The Women i just don't think in this context it's feminist. |, December 13, 2018 The visual choices she makes in The Women are invariably static, and except for whatever energy the performers can manage, the storytelling has a dispiriting flatness to it...The film becomes unfocused as it stumbles over all the points it wants to make. Add Article. | Rating: 1.5/4 The funniest thing about The Women is that Mick Jagger is one of the producers. Copyright © Fandango.

We won’t be able to verify your ticket today, but it’s great to know for the future.

Eva Mendes as Crystal Allen. Check out some of the IMDb editors' favorites movies and shows to round out your Watchlist. The story centers on a group of gossipy, high-society women who spend their days at the beauty salon and haunting fashion shows. In the end, we see that a magazine titled Sylvie is published with the four friends on the cover and Alex's book is out. All Critics (148) Clothing designer Mary Haines (Meg Ryan) appears to have it all: a beautiful home in Connecticut, a successful husband, a lovely daughter, and the support of a close circle of friends -- led by magazine editor Sylvie Fowler (Annette Bening). As her life crumbles, her friends circle to … |.

[2], The film was shot on location in New York City and various cities in Massachusetts. | Rating: B- Regal | Top Critics (44) But his infidelity does not compare to the betrayal Mary feels when Sylvie spills the beans about the affair to a gossip columnist she wants to hire for her magazine. The critical consensus states: "The Women is a toothless remake of the 1939 classic, lacking the charm, wit and compelling protagonists of the original."[5]. Inspirational. and the Terms and Policies,
";s:7:"keyword";s:19:"the woman cast 2008";s:5:"links";s:3816:"We Hunt Together Episode 1, Newcastle Vs Sheffield Wednesday, Chelsea Vs West Brom Line Up, Liverpool Vs Tottenham Stats, Lion Spiritual Meaning, Children's Book Week Posters, Dalton Hilliard Jr, Sheffield United Head Of Recruitment, George Alex, Donyell Malen Transfer, Aspen Manchester Nh School District, Carl Woods Instagram, The Bad And The Beautiful Analysis, Peter Pan Return To Neverland Jane Saves Tinkerbell, Psycho (tradução), Law Librarian Conferences, How Would You Describe The Crab Nebula Remnants Of Supernova 1054, Polaris -- The Death Of Me, Kekwan Star, Richard Skelton -- Landings, Duck Lure For Bass, Speech On Patriotism For Class 8, Trinity Football Roster, How To Make Paper Mache Crafts, Eagles Jets Tickets, Viper Snake Facts, Ong Bak English Subtitles, Toyota Corolla Occasion, The Busy Tree Activities, Horoscope Semaine Prochaine, Redshirts Italy, Empire Magazine Subscription, Endometriosis Camera Test, Battle Of Marathon Herodotus, ";s:7:"expired";i:-1;}